Clothing Optional in the United States
- Bluff Creek Falls Campground Steele Alabama
- Spring Creek Campground & Resort in Geneva
- Camp Rock Bottom in Sand Rock
- Bare Cove in Salem
Public nudity is illegal in Arizona. However, Verde Hot Springs (springs only – not the campground) is traditionally nude.
There are a few clothing-optional gay resorts and traditional clothing optional B&B's in Phoenix. Tucson's Upper Tanque Verde Creek is a popular social nudity spot.
The lower trail leads to a series of pools and waterfalls along Tanque Verde Creek. The Upper Trail is a quick, 10-minute hike to a well-liked swimming and sunning spot used by sunbathers of both sexes clothed and unclothed.
- Shangri La Ranch in New River is a family-oriented facility that welcomes everyone interested in naturism.
- Mira Vista Resort in Marana is a family oriented clothing-optional resort.
- Casa Cahava Clothing Optional B&B in Cave Creek
- Valle de Vistas Clothing Optional B&B in Sedona
- El Dorado Hot Spring in Tonopah.
- Magic Circle in Quartzsite.
- AZ Lagoon del Sol Clothing Optional B&B in Phoenix is a part of Clothing Optional Home Network and is an AANR Participating Business.
- Royal Villa in Phoenix is a male only clothing optional hotel which offers a day pass for male Phoenix residents only. Also, only people traveling from cities outside Phoenix can stay here. Nudity is accepted in all areas of inner property except for hotel lobby.
Recently opened last year in Phoenix, Arizona is the Arizona Sunburst Inn, which caters to males only and, unlike Royal Villa, does not offer a day pass. Rooms are on a strictly rental basis and nudity is accepted poolside. Also on, and/or inside the property.
Public nudity is illegal in Arkansas in the presence of the opposite sex; however, same-sex nudity is legal in Arkansas.
- Magnetic Valley Resort in Eureka Springs is a private men-only resort. The pool and bar areas are clothing optional.
- The Sequoians, a nudity-required nudist club located in Castro Valley
- DeAnza Springs Resort, Over five hundred acres of large RV sites and rental units. Anza-Borrego State Park is the northern border to the resort.
El Dorado County
- American Riverdown river from the Route 49 highway bridge.
- Baker's Beach, in Humboldt County between Trinidad and Moonstone.
- College Cove Beach is in the town of Trinidad, north of Eureka in northern Humboldt County.
- Keough Hot Springs – Hot running creek with pools located near Bishop. Note: the resort at the end of the road is not clothing optional.
- Saline Valley Warm Springs – hot springs in Death Valley National Park
- Harbin Hot Springs is a retreat and workshop center 93.4 miles (150.3 km) northeast of the San Francisco Bay Area, north of the Napa Valley, near Middletown.
Los Angeles County
- Arroyo del Sol Clothing Optional B&B in Pasadena-Altadena is part of Clothing Optional Home Network and is an AANR Participating Business.
- Red Rock Beach, a half mile south of Stinson Beach
- Little Hot Creek east of Mammoth Lakes. To find this clothing-optional hot springs, you'll need a good local map showing dirt roads.
- Zmudowski State Beach – Unofficial clothing-optional "hidden beach" within Moss Landing.
- Garrapata State Park– Clothing-optional beach 15 minutes drive south of Carmel.
- Marina Beach State Park (South side) – A 15-minute drive north of Monterey. 15 minute hike over the sand dunes.
- Meadowlark Country House – A twenty-room/suite bed and breakfast outside Calistoga with a large mineral-rich water pool area, Jacuzzi and sauna. Clothing-optional mineral water pool, hot tub, sauna, and sun bathing terraces are available with the purchase of a day pass at $35 per person.
- South Yuba River– Hoyts Crossing is an area of swimming holes on the South Yuba, about a 20-minute hike upriver from the Highway 49 crossing north of Nevada City
- San Onofre Beach, which is actually in San Diego County, but is so close to the Orange County line that most of its visitors are from both counties.
- Anahata Springs Spa and Retreat near Palm Springs is a clothing optional zen spa and retreat with hot spring pool and spa.
- Living Waters Spa in Desert Hot Springs. This swimsuit optional spa has hot spring water pools, and the spa is an easy introduction to social nudity.
- Glen Eden Nudist Resort – One of the largest membership owned clubs in the country, Glen Eden, located in Corona, is Southern California's premier nudist destination.
- Sea Mountain Couples Nude Resort and Spa Hotel. Four diamond hotel and resort and lifestyles club with mineral water pools and celebrity clientele ranked best of the US by LA Times
Palm Springs Gay Clothing Optional Resorts
- Tuscany Manor Palm Springs 350 W. Chino Canyon Rd. Palm Springs, CA 92262 Ask for Don, tell him Marilyn sent you.
- Exotic Dreams Resort 526 South Warm Sands Drive, Palm Springs, 92264
- Desert Sun Resort - One of the premier nudist resorts in North America. Located in Palm Springs.
- Sea Mountain Nude Resort and Spa Hotel Clothing Optional Resort and Spa in Desert Hot Springs is a popular nudist vacation resort. It is perfect for couples trying nude vacations for the first time.
- Laguna del Sol – Clothing-optional resort in Wilton, near Sacramento, featuring camping and RV spots, a lake, heated swimming pools, spas, walking tracks, stores, restaurant and event center.
San Bernardino County
- Deep Creek Hot Springs - Clothing-optional hot spring in the San Bernardino National Forest near Apple Valley
- Olive Dell Ranch – Naturist resort in Colton, a few miles from San Bernardino and Riverside. Olive Dell Ranch is southern California's favorite nudist resort for families and couples.
San Diego County
- Black's Beach, in La Jolla, a neighborhood of San Diego, is possibly the largest de facto clothing-optional beach in the United States. Part of the beach is in a state park where it is legal to be nude, while the rest is on city property where it is illegal to be nude but generally tolerated.
- DeAnza Springs Resort – Naturist resort in Jacumba. DeAnza Springs is the largest and one of the newest clothing optional resorts in North America. Situated on more than 500 acres of high desert in eastern San Diego County, it is ideal for year-round vacationing.
San Francisco City and County
- Baker Beach is a beach of the National Park Service in San Francisco. The north end of the beach (closest to the Golden Gate Bridge) is officially sanctioned as clothing-optional.
- Land's End – Within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Land's End beach is a beautiful and legal nude beach in the San Francisco area. It is reached only by a steep, difficult trail.
- San Francisco City – There was a law passed by the city council making public nudity an infraction citywide. However, female toplessness is still allowed throughout the city.
San Luis Obispo County
- Pirates Cove near San Luis Obispo
San Mateo County
- San Gregorio nude beach might be the oldest continuously active nude beach in the United States. It dates to 1967 and is 3 km (1.9 mi) of public beach which can be reached only by a private road near the town of San Gregorio on the San Mateo County coast, south of San Francisco. San Gregorio beach is the largest of about 20 clothing-optional beaches along the coast between San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
- Devil's Slide or Gray Whale Cove is the only officially sanctioned nude state-owned beach. The only access to this remote beach, the State of California took over its operation. NOTE: The California State Park system officially outlaws nudity unless the area is specifically set aside for such use (e.g., dressing areas).
Santa Barbara County
- More Mesa Beach – Considered one of the most pristine and picturesque clothing optional beaches in California, Located between Hope Ranch Beach and Goleta Beach, this County beach is accessible by following a footpath through the meadow and down a steep but well-maintained staircase carved into the cliffside. The clothing optional area begins to the immediate right of the staircase and continues for approximately a third of a mile to the westernmost point.
Santa Clara County
- Lupin Lodge – Naturist resort in Los Gatos. Memberships available as well as day/night passes. Camping available. Just south of Silicon Valley, off Highway 17 (Idylwild Road exit).
Santa Cruz County
- Laguna Creek Beach – Public beach frequented by nude sunbathers 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Santa Cruz on Highway 1.
- Bonny Doon Beach – About a 10–15 minute drive from Santa Cruz on North Highway 1. Across from Bonny Doon Road. Nude beach is down the cliff – there are two sections of beach – the south end is for clothed beachgoers, and the north end, divided from the main beach by a large rock, is for nude sunbathers.
- Santa Cruz – The beach adjacent to the Santa Cruz Seaside County Beach Boardwalk. All bathers regardless of gender may go topless by county ordinance.
- The Russian River is right along S 101 and CA 116.
- Female toplessness is allowed in the cities of Denver, Fort Collins and Boulder, since these cities do not make any distinction between female toplessness and male bare chested .
- Mountain Air Ranch in Indian Hills
- Orvis Hot Springs, a clothing-optional natural hot springs in Ridgway.
- Stark! OMG - Naturist Escape, naturist & cannabis friendly camping & lodging near Idaho Springs, Colorado. Nude friendly & clothing-optional setting.
- North end of the Boulder Reservoir, near Boulder.
- Valley View Hot Springs and the Orient Land Trust — 2,200 acres of clothing optional recreation in the San Luis Valley. Chlorine-free swimming pool, hiking trails, soaking ponds; accommodations include tent camping sites, vehicle camp sites & cabin rentals.
- Strawberry Hot Springs (only after dark) — Steamboat Springs
- Dream Canyon just outside Boulder
- Desert Reef Hot Spring in Florence.
- Dakota Hot Springs (formerly known as "The Well"), in Penrose.
- The "rock" just west of the Wedgewood Restaurant on Boulder Canyon Drive. Look for the Chapman Drive Trailhead parking on the left as you move up the canyon after the turn off to the restaurant.
- Tsujataism a group formed in 2017 in Boulder Colorado that hold nude meditation rituals these rituals are hosted by a Master and a Goddess and are communally funded.
- Sun Ridge Resort in Sterling about 1⁄2 mile (0.80 km) from the Rhode Island border and about 15 miles (24 km) from Massachusetts. The resort has 95 wooded level sites on a mountain ridge.
- Solair Family Nudist Resort in Woodstock is a family oriented nudist resort and campground, owned and operated by its members.
- B&G of Connecticut, East Hartford, private social club for male naturists
Delaware - None
District of Columbia - None
- Apollo Beach inside the Canaveral National Seashore near New Smyrna Beach on the Atlantic Coast of Florida. The accepted clothing-optional sunbathing area starts about 1⁄4 mile (0.4 km) south of Parking Area 5. Unlike Playalinda Beach (see below), this part of the national seashore is in Volusia County, which does not have an anti-nudity ordinance.
- Blind Creek Beach located just south of Ft. Pierce at 5460 S Ocean Dr (State Road A1A) on Hutchinson Island. This beach is 1 1/2 miles long and is part of a 409-acre beach and wetland preserve. I The nudist section is south of the access trail.
- Gulf Stream Clothing Optional Beach - Is a new beach located in palm beach county, although the beach is not officially clothing optional, Naturists do frequent the beach. Palm Beach Naturists and Lake Worth Naturists are working with the county to make it a legal nude beach. Both organizations are existing nudist groups promoting body acceptance and non-sexual naturism in Palm Beach County.
- Boca Chica Beach on Boca Chica Key near Key West. There are no legal nude beaches in Key West, but Boca Chica has been used by locals for clothing-optional use and kept it secret for years. The secluded area has some sandy beach areas but not wide. There are no facilities or anywhere to clean up so visitors have to remove anything they bring. The road to the beach is near mile marker 10 on the Overseas Highway on Big Coppitt Key. Turn south on SR 941 or Boca Chica Road, driving through Geiger Key and back to Boca Chica Key. The beach is located at the end of the road, approximately 3.5 miles (5.6 km) from the highway. Beyond the concrete barricade, immediately south of the culvert, the nude area begins and stretches for 2 miles (3 km).
- Caliente Tampa is a clothing-optional resort in Land O' Lakes. A membership is required to visit, but visitors can obtain daily memberships. The resort has a hotel on site with a large pool, many smaller pools, a hot tub and volleyball pools.
- Camp David near Inverness is a private 16-acre, secluded clothing-optional campground catering to gay men. The camp is heavily wooded with three small lakes. Membership is required, but day passes may be purchased.
- Casa Alegra Clothing Optional B&B in Sarasota County is part of Clothing Optional Home Network and is an AANR Participating Business.
- First Coast Naturists is a non landed, AANR chartered and TNS affiliated Meetup Group, based in Jacksonville, Florida and encourages non sexual nudist recreation in the first coast region of northeast Florida.
- Gulf Coast Resort - now called Eden Resort in Hudson in Pasco County is a 10-acre (4.0 ha) RV resort north of Tampa.
- Haulover Beach, in Miami-Dade County between Bal Harbour and Sunny Isles Beach, is one of the most popular nude beaches in North America. Haulover Nude Beach is part of the county's Haulover Beach Park situated between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean. This 0.4-mile (0.64 km) stretch of white sand shore, open ocean surf, various shaded picnic facilities, beautifully landscaped sand dunes, and concession stands has attracted as many as 7,000 people on a single day. The northern nude area is officially recognized as clothing-optional with official signs and is only a part of the Haulover Beach Park but attracts 66% to 85% of park visitors.
- The Island Group in Land O' Lakes is a 3-acre (1.2 ha) nudist island, founded in 1948 with a nice quiet atmosphere, a lovely pool and hot tub.
- Key West Private Charters offers 4-hour, 6-hour, 8-hour snorkeling, scuba diving, sunset and custom power boat trips on which nudity is permitted. The trip launches from the Dream Catchers boat dock at College Drive in Key West. There are other companies offering private charters that allow nudity as long as the boat is 3 miles (5 km) out in the sea where nudity is legal.
- Lake Como Family Nudist Resort in Pasco County is Florida's oldest, which began operation on April 25, 1941. It is a resident-owned cooperative of 196 acres (79 ha) in a very natural setting, of which 51 acres (20.6 ha) are registered as woodland and 60 acres (24.3 ha) as wetland. Six lakes are within or border the property. Non-resident memberships in the resort are available, and free tours are available for those interested.
- Lake Linda Circle in Land O' Lakes is a fenced nudist community on Leonard Road, founded in 1998 is probably the first residential nudist mobile home park in Florida, and maybe North America.
- Next Generation Naturists is a non-landed organization promoting the non sexual naturist lifestyle, focused to the young adult (18- to 35-year-old) demographic.
- Oasis is a 28-home nudist community with clubhouse, tropical park, a heated community pool and a tennis court. The nudist subdivision, started in 2000, is walled by a 6-foot (1.8 m) fence.
- Paradise Lakes in Pasco County is a clothing optional resort, which is famed for their "bubble parties" and water volleyball.
- Paradise Pines RV Park in Lutz is a nudist RV park with 81 lots, a pool and clubhouse.
- Playalinda Beach in Titusville is part of Canaveral National Seashore and operated by the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (US Fish & Wildlife Service). Nudity has long been allowed, and there is an unofficial clothing-optional beach located at the north end of Parking Lot 13 and north of dune crossover 13B. While there is no federal law restricting nude sunbathing, Brevard County passed an ordinance against nudity, but the Sheriff is not enforcing it pending a challenge to the constitutionality of the ordinance.
- Riverboat Club on Caliente Boulevard in Land O' Lakes was formed in July 1990 and has since grown into a popular vacation spot. It is a private membership club and is home to more than 25 people year round. Hundreds of Tampa Bay area naturists visit regularly and during special events. Many visitors camp out for a day, weekend, monthly or year round.
- Riviera Naturist Resort in Pace features activities on site in a secluded part of Santa Rosa County in the Florida Panhandle.
- Sawmill in Dade City is a fenced gay nudist community, founded in 1945 on 100 acres with about 160 homes on site.
- South Beach in Miami Beach permits topless sunbathing, partially due to the large number of foreign tourists and immigrants that frequent the beach. Additionally, a few hotel pools in Miami Beach also allow female toplessness.
- Sunny Sands Resort, is a clothing optional resort community located in Pierson, Florida.
- Sunshine Beach Club, also called Florida Naturist Park, in Hudson is a nudist subdivision with 120 acres (49 ha) and 42 homes, founded in 1959.
- SunSport Gardens in Palm Beach County offers acres of beautiful natural outdoors with recreation facilities and camping.
- Suwannee Valley Resort, is a AANR chartered clothing optional resort located in White Springs, Florida, featuring pool, hot tub, bar and restaurant facilities encouraging the highest ethics of non sexual social nudity. SVR is situated in beautiful tree covered acreage next to the historic Suwannee River. Discounts for Veterans,law enforcement and firefighters.
- Vitambi Springs near Clewiston is a private all-male clothing optional campground. The resort is nearly 200 acres. Membership is required.
- The Woods RV Park in Land O' Lakes is an upscale clothing-optional RV park and resort that opened in 2008 with lots for sale and for rent. It boasts a 2,500-square-foot clubhouse and heated pool.
- Bell Acres Resort in Maysville. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Hidden River Resort in Saint George, with a mailing address of Sanderson, Florida. AANR affiliated.
- Mountain Creek Grove Resort in Cleveland. This is an adult only resort.
- Native Woods Naturist Park in Darien. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Paradise Valley Resort and Club in Dawsonville is a club with 108 acres, three swimming pools and a restaurant. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- Serendipity Park in Cleveland. AANR and TNS affiliated.
- The Naturist Escape in East Ellijay. This is a non-landed, all ages welcome, social naturist organization that is based out of the north Georgia mountains.
- Kehena (“Dolphin Beach”) is a black sand beach in the Puna District of the island of Hawai‘i ("Big Island")
- Larsen's Beach on Kaua‘i
- Little Mākena Beach in Mākena State Park, Maui
- Red Sand Beach near Hāna on Maui
- Kauapea Beach on Kaua‘i
- Slaughterhouse Beach in Hana Highway on Maui
- Hangin’ Loose Clothing-Optional Retreat & Botanical Gardens is a thirty-minute drive from Kehena in the Puna District of the Island of Hawai‘i, the “Big Island.”
- Bare Mountain Retreat is a family-oriented facility located on 130 private acres just 30 minutes from Boise, Idaho. It is affiliated with the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and AANR-Northwest, and has operated since 1981.
- Sun Meadows Resort in Worley is affiliated with TNS and AANR. It was the site of the 2005 TNS Gathering.
- Jerry Johnson's Hot Springs is located 20 miles (32 km) west of the Montana state line on US 12. Located on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest, the warm water pools are about a 1-mile (1.6 km) hike in and known for the clothing-optional atmosphere.
- Goldbug Hot Springs south of Salmon, Idaho. The pools are about a 2 miles (3.2 km) hike in.
- The Chicago Fun Club is a non-landed social nudist club.
- Nude sunbathing and swimming has occurred at Illinois Beach State Park, 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the park headquarters building, at the end of the beach.
- Blue Lake Resort is a family oriented nudist park located in Erie, in the Rock River valley of northwestern Illinois, 30 miles (48 km) northeast of the Quad Cities area (Moline, Rock Island and Davenport). Approximately 20 acres (8.1 ha) of sunny and shaded areas situated amid 98 acres (40 ha) of farmland. The camp facilities are approved by the State of Illinois each year.
- Nude Dudes Chicago is a group of 18- to 40-year-old gay men who enjoy public nudity and host events in and around the Chicago area all year round.
- Couples Playhouse Nudist Retreat near Aurora hosts nudist events on Wednesdays and Thursdays. They feature indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. There is sand and water volleyball, as well as a huge tanning deck. A nice buffet is included. A good selection of lawn sports are provided.
- NUD R US Family Nudist Club (NFNC) is a small Christian and home-based nudist club near Bloomington that is open to all of good moral character. NFNC has an indoor dipping/conversation pool and an outdoor 30-foot (9.1 m) above-ground pool, a hot tub, firepit, sundeck, outdoor, lounge and rental rooms and tent spaces.
- Our Haven Nature Sanctuary is located in French Lick and is a privately run clothing-optional festival ground with 175 acres (71 ha) of forest, trails, and great camping space that it is open to all races, genders, sexual orientations, and positive lifestyles and spiritual paths. There are designated clothing-optional areas of Our Haven that are open year-round. With only a 20-minute drive to the casino, restaurants, or the West Baden Springs Hotel there is plenty to experience.
- Drakes Ridge Rustic Nudist Retreat in Bennington is a rural, wooded setting in the hills of Switzerland County.
- Fern Hills Club in Bloomington is in the center of about 75 acres of hardwood forest that the members enjoy by walking the trails or using their golf carts.
- Lake O' Woods Club in Valparaiso is a member-owned, family oriented, cooperative nudist club that was founded in 1933. It is located in 130 acres of woods and features a 20-acre lake.
- Ponderosa Sun Club in Roselawn. The purpose of this club is to promote health and happiness for its members. The Ponderosa Sun Club is a family oriented nudist resort (not clothing-optional) located in rural Roselawn Indiana on about 88 acres of woodland. Ponderosa Sun Club opened in 1965. The focus of the club's activities is their 65 by 120 feet (20 by 37 m) swimming pool with concrete sunning apron and a formal garden.
- Sunshower Country Club in Centerville is a family nudist resort established in 1959.
- Sunny Haven Recreation Park in Granger, located near South Bend, has been the home to family nude recreation in northern Indiana since 1947.
- Sunaura Resort is an adults-only clothing-optional camp. Overnight RV camping is available. Location has a large pool, wooded scenic trails and weekend parties at the roundhouse.
- Casita en el Lago Clothing Optional Bed and Breakfast is located in NW Indiana near Valparaiso. It is part of Clothing Optional Home Network and is an AANR participating business.
Iowa - Nudity not Legal
- Camp Gaea is a non-denominational retreat center/campground located just east of McLouth that tolerates nudity in some areas.
- Lake Edun in Topeka is affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Prairie Haven in Scranton is a family nudist club on 30 acres (120,000 m2) affiliated with AANR and The Naturist Society.
- Sandy Lane Club in Hutchinson is associated with AANR.
- KYANA Naturists in Louisville and Lexington
- Bluegrass Naturists in Nicholasville and Lexington
- Central Kentucky Family United Nudists (CKFUN) in Lexington
- Kentuckiana Gay Nudists in Frankfort
- Kentucky State Nudists in Florence
- Indian Hills Nudist Park is a campground community of nudist enthusiasts in Slidell.
- Sandy Bares in Metairie.
- Bayou Allure Clothing Optional B&B in Baton Rouge is part of Clothing Optional Home Network.
- Female toplessness is allowed throughout the state, since Maine's law only prohibits the public exposure of the genitals.
- Twin Ponds Lodge is a private membership-only social club 25 minutes from Waterville. It is adult only and male only. In addition to the ponds, the resort has 75 acres (30 ha) of fields and woods as well as some indoor facilities and is open year-round.
- Sherwood Forest in Dover-Foxcroft
- Maine Coast Solar Bares in Augusta
- Frenchman's Hole in Newry
- Lakewood Park in Bar Harbor
- Richmond Sauna Bed & Breakfast
- Maryland Area Naturist Association is the first ever and currently the only family nudist club in Baltimore County and City.
- Camp Ramblewood in Darlington is available for groups wishing to host clothing-optional events.
- Maryland Health Society in Davidsonville is a privately owned nudist club.
- Pine Tree Associates in Crownsville, founded in 1934, is a cooperatively owned nudist club.
- Marstons Mills: Sandy Terraces Associates is a family oriented, co-operative campground.
- Provincetown: Public nudity has at times been tolerated on the beaches around Provincetown, especially in the small area that is not part of the Cape Cod National Seashore.
- Truro: Public nudity is unofficially tolerated on Longnook Beach.
- Cummington, Westfield River, Chesterfield State Forest downstream of Swift River, Parking limited, look for overcrowded pulloff along rt 9. Cross stream and follow the wooded trail for 1⁄4 mile (400 m).
- Great Barrington, Green River, rt 23, Follow wading stream well past the popular swimming hole for 1⁄4to 1⁄2 mile (400 to 800 m).
- Huntington, Knightville Dam Westfield River: follow roadway upstream to the most northern portion of the flood basin, park in the provided lot, hike 1⁄2 mile (800 m) beyond the yellow fireroad gate.
- Hancock: Berkshire Vista Nudist Resort is a family oriented, privately owned facility.
- Nantucket: Public nudity is unofficially tolerated in the area between Miacomet Beach and Surfside Beach.
- Moshup Beach in Aquinnah contains an area where public nudity is unofficially tolerated. (Both the Aquinnah area and Moshup Beach are often called "Gay Head", the former legal name of the town of Aquinnah.)
- Lucy Vincent Beach in Chilmark contains an area where public nudity is permitted.
- MVBoat offers private charter trips on which nudity is permitted.
- Nuance Bed and Breakfast in Battle Creek
- Turtle Lake Resort in Union City
- Northaven Resort in Brooklyn
- Cherry Lane Resort in North Adams
- Forest Hills Club in Saranac
- Spruce Hollow Campground in Mesick
- Whispering Oaks Nudist Resort in Oxford
- Avatan in East Bethel (affiliated with AANR)
- Oakwood Club is located 35 minutes north of Minneapolis–St. Paul vand is a private AANR-affiliated landed club.
- Two Creeks Campground is located 69 minutes north of Minneapolis–St. Paul and is a clothing optional association.
- Several other landless clubs operate in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- West Ship Island, near Gulfport
- Sandy Bares Travel Club in Moss Point
- Running Bare B&B in Long Beach
- Cactus Canyon Campground, located just outside Ava, caters to the gay/bi/straight male population who enjoys nudity in the outdoors. Located on 720 private rolling acres of the Ozark Mountains.
- Forty Acre Club, nicknamed "America's Gateway Family Nudist Resort" for its proximity to the famous Gateway Arch, is a friendly, nudist (not clothing-optional) resort for couples and families located on 40 acres (16.2 ha) of Missouri woodlands approximately 45 miles (72 km) southwest of Louis in Lonedell.
- Show Me Acres in Stover is a family oriented nudist resort and campground nestled in over 300 acres, wooded, in a very serene picturesque setting near Lake of the Ozarks. It is affiliated with The Naturist Society. Resort is now closed (2016) due to owner's retirement.
- Heartland Naturists is a non-landed group organized in Kansas City affiliated with The Naturist Society.
- Lake Tahoe's Nevada shore has several clothing-optional beaches including
- Secret Cove
- Chimney Beach,
- Creek Beach also called Secret Creek Beach, or Secret Harbor Creek Beach, in the Washo language it is known as dawmóʔlɨm demšé:gɨl
- Black Sand Beach (named for the black sand from the lower bottom of Lake Tahoe),
- Boaters Beach,
- Whale Beach 1 and 2.
- Black Rock City, in the desert outside of Gerlach, hosts Burning Man where clothing is optional.
- Moorea Pool at the Mandalay Bay Hotel is topless optional (Toptional) from Mar 15 to about Oct 15 of the year. Amazing pools.
- The Mirage's poolside lounge "Bare" in which guests can go topless.This is one of the few hotel pools in Las Vegas that allow female toplessness.
- Venus is toptional at the Ceasar's Palace Hotel some days of the week.
- Las Vegas Naturists is a private clothing optional resort located in the northwest part of the city. Only couples are allowed in order to keep the genders balanced, and although is not a swingers resort, children are not allowed due to a city ordinance forbidding naked children in front of adults who are not family or medical personnel.
- Sea Mountain Nude Resort and One Love Temple, located 5 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, is a lifestyle club and spa for couples only.
- Cedar Waters Village in Nottingham has operated since 1950. It claims to be the Northeast's largest private nudist park, having a 20-acre (8.1 ha) lake surrounded by over 350 acres (140 ha) of heavily wooded, private land with secluded roads and hiking trails. It is a non-secular, heterosexual only park and does not admit single people of any orientation. It is not affiliated with any naturist group.
- Rock Lodge Club is a family-oriented nudist club on 145 acres of privately owned land in the Highlands forests of New Jersey, about 40 miles (64 km) from Manhattan.
- Gunnison Beach in Sandy Hook, a part of the National Park Service's multi-state Gateway National Recreation Area, is a clothing-optional beach by custom and is the largest such beach in the Northeastern United States (there are several other public beaches on Sandy Hook where nudity is not tolerated).
- Sunset Beach on the west, bay side of Cape May. This is not a sanctioned nudist area (see previous), but nudity is commonplace here nevertheless.
- Sky Farm Club is a private cooperative in central New Jersey. Situated on 35 acres (14.2 ha) in Somerset County, Sky Farm has promoted family nudism since 1932.
- Goodland Country Club is a nudist club in Hackettstown.
- Ten Thousand Waves, Santa Fe. A family-friendly Japanese-style mountain spa resort offering clothing-optional hot tubs, saunas, cold plunges, and suntanning decks. Note: Effective July 2015, only the private tubs and the women's communal tub are clothing-optional; swimsuit bottoms are required in the grand bath at all times.
- Faywood Hot Springs, located north of Deming, is a camping resort with both clothing and clothing optional pools. RV, camping and cabin accommodations are offered for overnight guests.
- Bare Cottage in Coyote NM, Coyote. A clothing optional retreat in Santa Fe National Forrest, 30 mins from beautiful Abiquiu Lake and Georgia O'Keefe country.
Due to a 1992 Court of Appeals ruling (People v. Santorelli et al.) women may be topless anywhere in the state of New York for non-commercial purposes. (A concurring minority opinion reached the constitutional, i.e., equal rights issue, but the majority decision did not.)
- Young Naturists & Nudists America is a website promoting the nonsexual naturist lifestyle, which organizes events intermittently, focused to the young adult (21- to 35-year-old) demographic.
- Alice Falls, Keeseville. Family-friendly nude sunbathing.
- Skinny Dip Falls, just north of Chautauqua Gorge State Forest
- Cherry Grove Beach in Cherry Grove on Fire Island. This is a largely gay oriented beach.
- Coxing Kill stream at Mohonk Preserve in Gardiner. Sanctioned clothing-optional hiking trail, skinny-dipping, and nude sunbathing.
- Stony Kill Falls, near the Mohonk preserve. There is a swimming hole at top of falls known as 'nudist pool'. By custom, clothing is optional.
- Empire Haven in Moravia
- Full Tan Sun Club in Sprakers
- Juniper Woods in Catskill
- Potters Falls in Ithaca. While nudity is fairly common in Ithaca due to the laid-back political environment, Potters Falls is the best-known skinny-dipping spot.
- Steph's Pond Nudist Retreat in Williamson.
- Colonial House Inn is a B&B in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan with a clothing optional roof top deck.
Social nudity places in North Carolina include:
Whispering Pines Nudist Resort near Bird Island in Ocean Isle Beach
- Bar-S-Ranch in Reidsville
- Upper Creek Falls in Newland
- Pea Island in Cape Hatteras
North Dakota - None
- Green Valley
- Cedar Trails in Peebles
- Dayton Warm Breezes Naturist club in Dayton
- Hillside Haven in Otway
- Northcoast Naturists in Cleveland
- Great Lakes Sunseekers in Toledo
- Alpine Resort in Millersburg
- Cleveland natural resort building
- Oaklake Trails in Depew is a clothing-optional family nudist resort with over 400 acres (161.9 ha) of land. It will be the location of the AANR Convention in August 2017.
- Nature's Hideaway Nudist Resort in Osage. This claims to be a family-friendly nudist resort for couples and families.
- Oklahoma Naturists is an adults only nudist bed and breakfast and winery located in Stuart that is affiliated with AANR.
- Female toplessness is allowed throughout the state in a nonsexual context, since Oregon's law says that public nudity is only prohibited if there is a deliberate intention to induce sexual excitement among people, and although a few cities across the state (Portland, Eugene, Ashland and Happy Valley) have prohibited the public exposure of the genitals, women are still allowed to go topless in public even in these cities.
- The Willamettans – Nudist resort in Springfield, near Eugene, featuring camping and RV spots, heated outdoor swimming pool (covered with a dome in winter), hot tub, club house, game room, and restaurant/bar.
- Rooster Rock State Park along the Columbia River
- Collins Beach on Sauvie Island near Portland.
- Bare Lake in southern Oregon near Howard Prairie Lake
- Bagby Hot Springs
- Umpqua Hot Springs
- Breitenbush Hot Springs has a clothing-optional policy for all hot springs pools and tubs.
- Glassbar Island Beach, near Eugene on the Willamette River.
- Terwilliger Hot Springs, also known as Cougar Hot Springs.
- Mountaindale Sun Resort (formerly Restful Haven Nudist Resort) in North Plains.
- McCredie Springs
- Alpenglow Ranch Clothing Optional B&B and Resort in Bend is part of Clothing Optional Home Network and is an AANR Participating Business.
- Common Ground Wellness Cooperative in Portland.
- The Woods Campground in Lehighton
- A.N.G. in Harrisburg
- PSHS Inc. in Mohnton
- Sunny Rest in Palmerton
- West Penn Naturist Links
- White Thorn Lodge in the Pittsburgh suburb of South Beaver Township
- Pen Mar Club in the western Pennsylvania town of Warfordsburg
- Beechwood in Lehighton
- Oneida Campground in New Milford
- Dyer Woods Nudist Campground in Foster in the western part of the state is a family oriented nudist campground, rather than clothing optional.
- Nudity is tolerated on Black Rock Beach on Block Island.
- Mohegan Bluff on Block Island
- Carolina Foothills Resort in Chesnee
- Cedar Creek Park, a clothing optional resort in Leesville
- Sunair Health Club in Graniteville
- Travelites Naturist Retreat in Hopkins Near Columbia is a family and single-friendly naturist/nudist park
South Dakota - None
- East Tennessee Smoky Mountain Naturists/Nudists (ETSMN) in Knoxville
- Edun Hill Campground in Clinton
- Ken-Ten Naturists in McKenzie
- Middle Tennessee Naturists/Nudists (MTN) in Nashville
- Rock Haven Lodge Inc. in Murfreesboro
- Tri-Cities Tennessee Naturists/Nudists (TCTN) in Johnson City
- Southeast Tennessee Naturists/Nudists (SETN) in Chattanooga
- Pandora's (formerly Timberline Lodge) clothing optional adults only Crossville
- Emerald Lake Resort outside Houston
- Barton Springs Pool in Austin is top-free, which is tolerated in Austin.
- Hippie Hollow Park, on the shore of Lake Travis northwest of Austin
- High Island, between Winnie and Rollover Pass. At the junction of Highway 124 and Highway 87, the portion of Highway 87 to the east has been closed since 1990 due to hurricane damage. Approximately 1 to 5 miles (1.6 to 8.0 km) east of the junction is an area that has become an unofficial nude beach. Galveston County follows Texas state law for indecent exposure, which allows women to remain topfree unless someone complains and they are instructed to cover up, and full nudity under certain non-sexual circumstances. Full nudity is completely illegal, and will be ticketed if caught, by Parks and Game wardens.
- There is an unofficial nude beach approximately 12 miles (19 km) north of South Padre Island.
- Galveston San Luis Pass area top free possible
- Porter TX. NE of Houston
Utah - None
Specific locations at which individuals practice social nudity include:
- The Gargoyle House in Wells River, Vermont. A clothing optional retreat for men open year-round.
- Abbotts Glen in Halifax
- Coventry Club and Resort s a family oriented nudist resort in Milton.
- The Ledges, on the Harriman Reservoir in Wilmington
- The West River in
- The Rock River in Newfane off route 30 has a series of swimming holes. After the first clothed family swimming hole the rest are nude for families, mixed men and women, and finally gay men. River access is curated by Rock River Preservation Inc.
- Red Rocks Park in South Burlington
- Starr Farm Beach in Burlington
- Knight Island, an island in Lake Champlain just off Albans
- The Southwest Cove at Lake Willoughby in the town of Westmore is a traditionally clothing-optional beach area located on state land.
- Maple Glen in Sheldon Springs. In August 2014, it was revealed that it would reopen as a non-nudist campground.
- The Punchbowl on the Mad River between the intersection of Vermont Route 17 in Warren is a privately owned nude swimming hole, open to anyone. It is on the west side of Route 100, and you need to walk through a short field before encountering signs explaining that there is public nudity, and explaining the guidelines for swimming there.
- White Tail Resort in Ivor
- North Anna River in Ruther Glen
While Seattle is known for its nude cyclists, clothing-optional activity in the city and out in public and out in private goes back much farther, with nude and top-free use of areas of Magnuson Park, the Washington Park Arboretum, Discovery Park, Denny-Blaine Park and Secret Beach (a name given to a park that local users wish to keep a secret).
- Lake Bronson Club is a 320-acre (130 ha) family nudist-park nestled in the Cascade foothills, 40 miles (64 km) northeast of Seattle.
- Triangle Recreation Camp, established in 1975, is a tent camping and RV park for gay, lesbian, and transgender people, at the foothills of the Cascades, 21 mi (34 km) east of Granite Falls.
- Avalon Resort is a more than 140-acre clothing-optional resort on a mountainside in the panhandle of West Virginia in Paw Paw.
- Toadally Natural Garden near Hartford
- Valley View Recreation Club near Cambridge
- Sun Ray Hills Campground near Burlington
- Aurora Gardens Nude Retreat near Northfield
- Camp NCN in Black River Falls claims to be a "sexual freedom" campground, allowing not only nudity, but also public sexual activity on the grounds.
- Cedar Hills Campground, Mazomanie
U.S. Virgin Islands
- Little Magen's Bay Beach
- John's Salomon Beach can be clothing optional in spite of "No Nudity" postings.
Additional and up-to-date information on public and private locations may be obtained on the web sites of the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and The Naturist Society (TNS).